We’re delighted to have received the Government-backed Cyber Essentials certification. Illustrating our compliance with the data security standard.
What is the Cyber Essentials Accreditation?
Cyber Essentials is a UK government led scheme that was originally launched in 2014. Designed as an assessment strategy, the Cyber Essentials standard confirms our systems comply with essential cyber security controls.
What does Cyber Essentials Cover?
The scheme covers five control categories which cover the most prominent cyber risks organisations face. These include:
- Firewall Security: Acting as a buffer, firewalls allow incoming internet traffic to be analysed to assess whether or not it should be allowed on to your network.
- Secure Configuration: Devices and software should be securely configured to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to data. All devices and accounts should always be password protected. We use two-factor authentication where applicable.
- User Access Control: Access to data should be controlled – accounts with administrative privileges should only be used to perform administrative tasks.
- Malware protection: Certified companies are required to demonstrate that they have a robust anti-malware solution in place. This helps to prevent servers and end-user devices from being infected by malicious software.
- Keeping up to date: Also known as ‘patching’. In order to maintain optimum levels of cyber security it is important for companies to ensure all devices, operating systems and software are kept up to date at all times.
We take our data security very seriously, our recent certification offers assurance for this. To discuss your IoT projects and any upcoming tenders, please contact our team on +44 (0)1484 599544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.