Trainee Technical Support Engineer
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys figuring out how things work?
Are you interested in a career in the exciting, state of the art field of Internet of Things technology?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
Alliot Technologies Ltd are a young, fast growing British company at the forefront of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) industry. Our speciality is in supply, automated configuration of and management systems for Internet connected devices. In particular, Low-Power-Wide-Area-Network radio devices using technologies such as LoRaWAN or NB-IoT. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout Europe. We are a technically motivated company with a highly skilled and experienced team.
We are expanding our team to add further technical capabilities. You will begin by learning about IoT technology, low power radio networks, sensor networks and associated software.
The job will entail helping customers with any problems or technical information they need.
This is a fast moving, new area of technology so the learning process will continue as you become more and more experienced. This will suit someone who thrives from learning new things.
You will also get involved with testing new hardware and software, working with suppliers to ensure products we sell do the job they are intended for.
- Answering inbound technical support queries by email and telephone
- Prioritising your workload and managing your time
- Testing products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Assistance in producing documentation such as how-to guides and blog posts on technical topics
- Helping people in the office out with whatever they need from time to time
We see the following skills & qualifications as being useful in this position. But do not be put off if you are missing any as we are interested in finding people who get enjoyment from learning new things:
- Educated in a technology related field (e.g. bachelor’s degree, BTEC, Diploma equivalent)
- Some knowledge of IP networking, Internet technologies
- Advanced level of computer literacy
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- A keen interest in technology
- Above all, you enjoy learning as we keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
What we offer
We’re a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun working environment.
Huddersfield is an excellent location with affordable housing, located close to interesting and exciting countryside.
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing per year served)
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill with full heating and air conditioning
- A great working atmosphere. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- As much free coffee, tea, cordial as you can drink
- We reward performance rather than time served. If you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Company pension scheme with matched contributions
- Regular company social activities
£15k – £20k depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please send your up to date CV along with a cover letter including why you think you would be a good fit for this job to: email@example.com