IoT Technical Support Engineer
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys figuring out how things work?
Are you interested in a career in the exciting, state of the art field of Internet of Things technology?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
In our fourth year of operation we have seen excellent growth and are a healthy, profitable company with a stable and exciting future. We are looking for someone to be a part of this and grow with the business.
Alliot Technologies Ltd are a young, fast growing British company at the forefront of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) industry. Our speciality is in supply, automated configuration of and management systems for Internet connected IoT devices. In particular, Low-Power-Wide-Area-Network radio devices using LPWAN technologies such as LoRaWAN or NB-IoT. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout Europe. We are a technically motivated company with a highly skilled and experienced team.
We have a team of experienced technical staff who are highly regarded in this new area of technology.
We are expanding our team to add further technical capabilities. You will begin by learning about IoT technology, low power radio networks, sensor networks and associated software.
The job will primarily entail helping customers with any technical problems or information they need. We use a ticketing system for most communication with customers but some phone calls will be necessary.
You will also get involved with testing new hardware and software, working with suppliers to ensure the products we sell do the job they are intended for.
You will also be pre-configuring devices and software prior to items being sent to customers.
This is a fast moving, new area of technology so the learning process will continue as you become more and more experienced. This will suit someone who thrives from learning new things.
This is an office based position with hours of 9 am – 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday but there will be opportunity got some home/remote working once settled in and sufficiently trained.
- Answering inbound technical support queries using out supoprt ticketing system
- Occasionally communicating with customers over the phone
- Pre-configuration of devices and associated software for orders before they are sent out
- Testing products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Assisting sales staff with technical demos of products and services (usually in MS Teams video calls)
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Working with our other techinical support staff
- Assistance in producing documentation such as how-to guides and blog posts on technical topics
- Helping people in the office out with whatever they need from time to time
- Occasionally helping out with getting orders ready to be sent from our warehouse, we are a small team so when large orders arrive it’s all hands on deck
We see the following skills & qualifications as being useful in this position. But do not be put off if you are missing any as we are interested in finding people who get enjoyment from learning new things:
- Educated in a technology related field (e.g. bachelor’s degree, BTEC, Diploma equivalent)
- Knowledge & interest of electronics, basic wiring
- Some knowledge of IP networking, Internet technologies
- Advanced level of computer literacy
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- A keen interest in technology
- Above all, you enjoy learning as we keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
- You will need to be able to prioritise your workload and manage your time
What we offer
We’re a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun working environment.
Huddersfield is an excellent location with affordable housing, located close to interesting and exciting countryside.
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing per year served)
- Generous company pension scheme with matched contributions up to 10% of salary
- Profit based company bonus scheme
- Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay
- Personal Accident Cover
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill with full heating and air conditioning
- A great working atmosphere. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- As much free coffee, tea, cordial as you can drink
- We reward performance rather than time served. If you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Regular company social activities
£20k – £25k + bonus per year, depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please send your up to date CV along with a cover letter including why you think you would be a good fit for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org