This job has now been filled.
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Do you enjoy working with computers and networks?
Are you interested in starting a career in Internet-of-Things technology and becoming an expert?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
In our fifth year of operation we have seen excellent growth and are a healthy, profitable company with a stable and exciting future. We are looking for someone to be a part of this and grow with the business.
Alliot Technologies Ltd are a young, fast growing British company at the forefront of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) industry. Our speciality is in supply, automated configuration and management systems for Internet connected IoT devices. In particular, Low-Power-Wide-Area-Network radio devices using LPWAN technologies such as LoRaWAN or NB-IoT. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout Europe. We are a technically motivated company with a highly skilled and experienced team.
We have a team of experienced technical staff who are highly regarded in this new area of technology.
We are expanding our team to add further technical capabilities. You will begin by learning about IoT technology, low power radio networks, sensor networks and associated software.
The job will primarily entail configuration and testing of IoT devices for supply to our customers in an office environment.
With training and support, you will also get involved in technical support, helping customers with technical problems.
You will get involved with helping in our warehouse to provide assistance and cover for our full time warehouse staff.
This is a fast moving, new area of technology so the learning process will continue as you become more and more experienced. This will suit someone who thrives from learning new things.
This is an office based position with hours of 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Configuration & testing of devices and associated software for orders before they are sent out. This is done using a computer or mobile device (all provided)
- Communicating with customers using support ticket system, email or phone to obtain or check configuration requirements
- Answering inbound technical support queries using our support ticketing system
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Helping people in the office out with whatever they need from time to time
- Helping in our warehouse to pack and ship orders. This is to provide cover for busy periods and staff holiday cover.
We see the following skills & qualifications as being useful in this position. But do not be put off if you are missing any as we are interested in finding people who get enjoyment from learning new things:
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Experience with computers, networking, Internet
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- A keen interest in technology
- Above all, you enjoy learning as we keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
- Able to prioritise your workload and manage your time
- Reasonable level of fitness. Our products are mostly small and light and there is rarely heavy lifting involved but you will need to be able to move pallets around on a manual pallet truck.
What we offer
We’re a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers and offer a comfortable, fun working environment.
You will get full training on all aspects of the position and will have the opportunity to grow with the business. Future prospects could include becoming a full time technical support engineer or moving into other areas of the business. This is a chance to start a career.
Huddersfield is an excellent location with affordable housing, located close to interesting and exciting countryside.
- 22 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing per year served)
- Generous company pension scheme with matched contributions up to 10% of salary
- Profit based company bonus scheme
- Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay
- Personal Accident Cover
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill with full heating and air conditioning
- A great working atmosphere. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- Free coffee, tea & cordial
- We reward performance rather than time served. If you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Regular company social activities
£20k – £22k + bonus per year, depending on experience.
How To Apply
Please send your up to date CV along with a cover letter including why you think you would be a good fit for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org