Netvox’s LoRaWAN® reed switch utilises a magnetic switch to detect whether two objects are separated or not. An example application is to detect when a door or window is open for security purposes. The wireless sensor sends an alert message to a centralised monitoring system via the LoRaWAN® protocol when the switch is separated.
- Wireless range of up to 10 km (depending on environment)
- Requires 2 x ER14505 AA Lithium batteries
- LoRaWAN® Class A compatible
- Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- Improved interference immunity
- Improved power management for longer battery life
- Encrypt-RF Security (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange + AES-128 CBC for sensor data messages)
- Battery Life of up to 5 years (determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables)
- Over-the-air updates (future)
We can supply third-party online wireless sensor monitoring and notification system to view data and set alerts via SMS text and email.
Ask us about our zero-touch provisioning service, this sensor can be supplied pre-configured and ready to go.
|Input Power||2 x 3.6V ER14505 AA lithium batteries (3.6V2400mah/section)|
|Wake Up Mode||6.3mA/3.3V|
|Receiving Current (Max)||11mA/3.3V|
|Transmitting Current (Max)||120mA/3.3V|
|Battery Voltage Measurement Accuracy||±0.1V|
|Low Voltage Threshold||3.2V|
|Rx Sensitivity||-136dBm (LoRa, Spreading Factor=12, Bit Rate=293bps) -121dBm (FSK, Frequency deviation=5kHz, Bit Rate=1.2kbps)|
|Antenna Type||Built-in Antenna|
|Communication Range||10 km (line-of-sight, actual transmission distance depends on the environment)|
|Data Transfer Rate||0.3kbps～50kbps|
|Available Frequency||EU868 (others are available on request)|
|Dimensions||Main Body: 112mm x 65mm x 32mm|
|Environment Temperature Range||-20°C ～ 55°C|
|Environment Humidity Range||<90% RH (No Condensation)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C ～ 85°C|
|IP Rating (Main Part)||IP67|
|IP Rating (External Sensor)||IP67|
Key documents & information
- Netvox R718F LoRaWAN® Reed Switch Datasheet
- Netvox R718F LoRaWAN® Reed Switch User Guide
- Netvox Battery Life Calculator
All of our products are available to customers throughout Europe. For more information on shipping costs, currency conversions and lead times, please contact our technical sales team.
This door/window sensor is part of our smart farming proof of concept kit. It can be used to monitor whether a door, window or gate has been left open. Our proof of concept kits are designed with simplicity in mind; so that you can test your IoT project on a small scale using minimal resources and at low cost.
Our technical sales team are also happy to advise customers on the best LoRaWAN® door and window open/closed sensors to suit specific project requirements.