Digital Matter‘s Oyster edge combines an NB-IoT tracking device and Bluetooth gateway in one. Ideal for indoor and outdoor asset tracking and management. This NB-IoT tracking device can be used to:
- Track high value pallets and packages
- Monitor the location of hospital equipment and trolleys
Suitable for use in areas where GNSS-only devices may fail. The Oyster Edge is a cellular LPWAN device which offers NB-IoT or LTE-M connectivity. With an in-built Bluetooth gateway, this compact device can also be used to report on nearby Bluetooth tags and sensors. Simply attach Bluetooth tags or sensors to other assets to create an affordable asset management solution.
With a battery life of up to 10 years, users of this NB-IoT tracking device can rest assured that they are deploying a robust solution.
Recorded data can be configured to be transmitted periodically or through movement-based tracking.
Housed in an ultra rugged IP68 casing, the Oyester Edge NB-IoT tracking device can be used in harsh environments.
With the option to use NB-IoT or LTE-M connectivity, the Oyster Edge can be easily set up. Simply insert your cellular IoT SIM card and away you go! Contact us today to check cellular IoT coverage in your deplyment area.
- Can be connected by LTE-M or NB-IoT
- Combines an NB-IoT Tracking Device & Bluetooth Gateway in one
- Long battery life up to 10 years
- Reports on nearby Bluetooth tags and sensors for an affordable tagged asset management solution
- Bluetooth® 5.2
- Rugged & weatherproof IP68 rated casing
- Easy to install
- Provides GNSS, Wi-Fi AP MAC address Scanning and Cell Tower location fallback for seamless indoor/outdoor asset management
- Adaptive tracking options
- Supports roaming between networks
- Flexible configuration
|3 x AA Lithium batteries
|NB-IoT or LTE-M (Cat-M1)
|Bluetooth 5.2 gateway reports nearby Bluetooth tags and sensors (Beaconing support planned)
|108mm (L) x 86mm (W) x 30mm (H)
|Ultra-rugged & waterproof IP68 and IK07-rated housing
|-30°C to +60°C
|3-Axis Accelerometer to detect movement, high G-force events and more
Key documents & information
- Oyster Edge NB-IoT Tracking Device Datasheet
- Oyster Edge NB-IoT Tracker Battery Recommendations
- Oyster Edge Support
All of our products are available to customers throughout Europe. For more information on shipping costs, currency conversions and lead times, please contact our technical sales team.
Our technical sales team are also happy to advise customers on the best NB-IoT tracking device to suit specific project requirements.
For simple deployment and ongoing management of your NB-IoT solutions, check out our cellular IoT middleware platform, Symbius. Designed to enable you to make the most of your data, Symbius will take the headache out of decoding your data for you.
Let us connect you