Providing a camera-less solution, the Parametric object counter uses radar signals to monitor bi-directional traffic. Ideal for environments where occupancy levels need to be monitored, this object counter can be configured to work alongside other devices. With 2 60V/2A Solid State Relays (SSR), this object counter enables users to control equipment, lamps, access control systems and/or 24V Industrial Equipment such as PLC or Building Automation Controllers.
Housed in a slim, easy to mount case, the PCR2-XIO can operate autonomously or as a class C LoRaWAN® sensor. Users can select from one of four modes depending on use case, these include:
- Pulse: Generate a 500ms pulse on O1 if left-to-right count, a 500ms pulse on O2 if right-to-left count
- Detection: Switch and hold on any movement. time can be set between 1 and 600s
- Capacity Alert: Can be used to control a traffic light system in applications such as COVID-19 capacity limits
- RC: Switch O1/O2 remotely by LoRaWAN-Downlink
The Parametric object counter sensor can be useful in monitoring visitor numbers during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the use of the Parametric pole light, the sensor can help to signify when it is safe for people to enter areas such as hospitality and retail.
The PCR2-XIO object counter can operate autonomously, connect to a controller or as a LoRaWAN® Class C sensor. Examples of online/offline use include:
- Connect and control the PCR2-XIO via USB from a PC or RaspberryPi
- Connect a PCR2-XIO to an automation controller digital inputs and count pulses
- Add PCR2-XIO to a LoRaWAN® network as a Class C device and control remotely
For ease of use, the object counter sensor can be easily configured with both USB and NFC connectivity for detecting the movement of people, animals and objects traveling at a speed of 1-20 km/h.
- Bi-Directional counting of objects passing by (left/right counting)
- Integrated dual radar sensor with advanced signal processing
- 2 Solid State Relays that can switch up to 60V / 2A
- LoRaWAN® connectivity
- Compatible traffic light lamp for stop/go visualisation available to purchase separately
- Vertically (pole) or horizontally (overhead) mountable
- No surveillance camera – no privacy issues
- 2 integrated LEDs for signalling left-to-right or right-to-left directions
- Offline operation of connect to a LoRaWAN® network
The above video shows the Parametric PCR2-XIO object counter sensor in action. With bi-directional counting, the sensor is able to monitor the number of people arriving and leaving to provide an accurate occupancy level. The example illustrated in the video has been configured with Parametric’s pole light traffic to provide a visual alert to make visitors aware when it’s safe to enter. Ideal for maintaining social distancing in areas such as hospitality and retail, the pole light is now available to order.
To find out more or to discuss your requirements with a member of our expert team please get in touch.
|Operating Voltage||External 5 – 24V DC power supply or USB 5V|
|Operating Modes||Timespan: Summing up detections during interval time
NotZero: Summing up detections during interval time and send only if not zero
Trigger: Instant transmission on detection
|Detectable Objects||People, animals, 1-20km/h|
|Interval Range||1 – 1440 min|
|Antenna||Integrated Dipole 1.4 dBi|
|Protocol||LoRaWAN® V1.0.2 with LoRaWAN® Regional Parameters v1.0.2rB|
|LoRaWAN® Region||EU868 (Others available on request)|
|Material||ABS or ASA Plastics|
|Operating Temperature||-30°C ~ +60°C|
|Storage Temperature||-45°C ~ +85°C|
Key documents & information
All of our products are available to customers throughout Europe. For more information on shipping costs, currency conversions and lead times, please contact our technical sales team.
Our technical sales team are also happy to advise customers on the best LoRaWAN® object counter sensors to suit specific project requirements.