Revolutionise energy monitoring with the new EAGLE Smart Meter. Utilising LoRaWAN technology, there are many benefits to using this new device, we’ve summarised the key takeaways of using IoT energy monitoring in this short blog.
Many energy providers implement Smart Meters with their services but these can sometimes fail to provide effective coverage. The EAGLE Smart Meter utilises LoRaWAN technology to accurately monitor energy consumption. By connecting to your chosen LoRaWAN network, the Smart meter is able to transmit data over a range of up to 10 km enabling you to avoid the additional charges that may be incurred on a SIM-based service.
What is the EAGLE Smart Meter?
Designed by Andrea Informatique the EAGLE Smart Meter is a compact single phase DIN rail device. Designed to monitor energy consumption this IoT energy monitoring solution is incredibly easy to integrate with existing equipment.
Data recordings gathered by the Smart Meter can be sent at pre-defined intervals to help you build up a reliable picture of energy usage.
What are the benefits?
- Clearer billing:- The EAGLE Smart Meter helps to estimate your daily energy consumption
- Improved understanding:- The data recorded by the EAGLE Smart Meter can help to build up a better understanding of energy usage and how certain habits and lifestyle may affect this
- Renewable energy:- The EAGLE can help you to manage the energy produced by solar, geothermic or wind sources giving you a better idea of consumption and a clearer financial exchange with your provider
- Remote breaker:- The EAGLE has a disconnector which can be controlled remotely. This device can also be used as a powerful relay for controlling equipment with a large power consumption.
- Tariffs:- The EAGLE Smart Meter is class 1 MID certified enabling you to accurately calculate tariffs based on absolute power consumption
Our team is on hand to help you build your Smart Energy solutions. Get in touch today to get started and reap the rewards of IoT.