We’ve had lots of requests for a UK variant of a LoRaWAN® Smart Plug. Up until now, these have been hard to come by… make way for the new NKE UK LoRaWAN® Smart Plug! Now it’s here, we’d like to share some of the key features and benefits of this hotly anticipated LoRaWAN® sensor with you.
What is the NKE Smart Plug?
Typically speaking, a Smart Plug is a small adapter that is plugged into a regular electrical wall outlet. Smart Plugs enable you to remotely control connected devices or appliances.
The NKE Smart Plug connects to a public or private LoRaWAN® network to enable you to remotely control connected devices. It also monitors power consumption and power quality measurements such as average/min/max voltage (rms/peak) and frequency.
Uses of Remote Control Plugs
There are many uses for remote control plugs. The NKE Smart Plug is CE certified and is ideal for both domestic and commercial environments. Some example use cases include:
- Remotely manage the operation of common household electrical appliances
- Identify areas for improving energy efficiencies
- Reduce carbon footprints in large office environments by identifying and remotely controlling equipment which may be left running
- Save money on energy bills in empty premises where appliances may still be connected to power
- Remotely schedule the hours you want devices to be connected to power with remote power scheduling
We work closely with our partners to help you access the products you need. Our close working relationships with some of the world’s leading manufacturers enable us to help you source and develop the products you require. If there’s something missing from your project contact our expert team to find out how we can help.
Revolutionise energy monitoring with the new EAGLE Smart Meter. Utilising LoRaWAN technology, there are many benefits to using this new device, we’ve summarised the key takeaways of using IoT energy monitoring in this short blog.
Many energy providers implement Smart Meters with their services but these can sometimes fail to provide effective coverage. The EAGLE Smart Meter utilises LoRaWAN technology to accurately monitor energy consumption. By connecting to your chosen LoRaWAN network, the Smart meter is able to transmit data over a range of up to 10 km enabling you to avoid the additional charges that may be incurred on a SIM-based service.
What is the EAGLE Smart Meter?
Designed by Andrea Informatique the EAGLE Smart Meter is a compact single phase DIN rail device. Designed to monitor energy consumption this IoT energy monitoring solution is incredibly easy to integrate with existing equipment.
Data recordings gathered by the Smart Meter can be sent at pre-defined intervals to help you build up a reliable picture of energy usage.
What are the benefits?
- Clearer billing:- The EAGLE Smart Meter helps to estimate your daily energy consumption
- Improved understanding:- The data recorded by the EAGLE Smart Meter can help to build up a better understanding of energy usage and how certain habits and lifestyle may affect this
- Renewable energy:- The EAGLE can help you to manage the energy produced by solar, geothermic or wind sources giving you a better idea of consumption and a clearer financial exchange with your provider
- Remote breaker:- The EAGLE has a disconnector which can be controlled remotely. This device can also be used as a powerful relay for controlling equipment with a large power consumption.
- Tariffs:- The EAGLE Smart Meter is class 1 MID certified enabling you to accurately calculate tariffs based on absolute power consumption
Our team is on hand to help you build your Smart Energy solutions. Get in touch today to get started and reap the rewards of IoT.