Our wide range of sensors can be applied to an endless variety of applications. In fact, sometimes it can be a little overwhelming deciphering what sensors to apply to your project. To help, we’ve created a case study to demonstrate how you may apply some of our LoRaWAN devices to create an intelligent business management system.
We often find that our customers know what issues they want to solves, but don’t always know how to address these. Our expert team are on hand to assist your with the planning, design and implementation of your IoT projects.
One of the beauties of LoRaWAN is that it can be implemented with minimal cost and disruption. LoRaWAN operates on its own network meaning you don’t have to disrupt any of your existing infrastructure. It also offers a scalable solution to enable you to expand your measurement points as/when your project expands.
When creating this case study, we began by thinking about three key factors you may wish to address when creating an intelligent building management system, for this purpose we selected:
- Workplace safety
- Creating optimal working conditions for staff members
- Optimising overall efficiencies
These three objectives are often at the forefront of many building/facilities managers agendas. Many want to improve the overall environment of their buildings for staff well being, as well as making savings by improving operational efficiencies. Whatever your objectives, we know that in order to be commercially deployable, your solutions need to offer a positive return on your investment.
The next step we made was to apply the objectives to our chosen application of intelligent BMS’. We put ourselves into the shoes of an office worker (we can just about recall being in the office!) and looked at the journey in and around the building. This lead us to select the following products.
- Elsys Desk Sensor: Monitors desk occupancy, temperature and humidity to create optimal working conditions.
- Netvox R72615A CO2 Sensor: Improve staff productivity by monitoring CO2 levels.
- Kerlink Ifemtocell Evolution Gateway: Transfer data from your sensors to your selected platform.
- Kerlink Wanesy Platform: Visualise your recorded data.
- Tekelek Waste Bin Sensor: Optimise waste collections.
- Kentix SmartXcan: Monitor the body temperatures of employees and visitors to create a COVID-secure workplace.
- Netvox R718CK2 Thermocouple Sensor: Remotely monitor your Legionella risk and automatically maintain records.
- Robeau Smart Water Meter: Make savings based on water usage and remotely detect leaks.
Find out more about how we applied the above devices in our BMS case study.
For assistance with designing your intelligent building management system solution of for information about creating a bespoke proof of concept kit contact our expert team today.