LoRaWAN technology is perfect for monitoring empty properties or remote sites. With low-cost sensors and no need for wifi access, it’s an affordable way to keep an eye on your property without the need for cameras. We have put together a proof of concept kit to get you started with remote property surveillance.
Our empty property security kit allows you to:
- Detect intruders and alert you to doors or windows being opened
- Monitor temperature and humidity and avoid damage due to mould growth
- Identify water leaks which could cause damage to property
LoRaWAN sensors don’t require a power supply, and can have a battery life of up to 10 years (depending on your settings). They can transmit data across large distances top a centrally located gateway. The gateways can be connected to an ethernet cable or M2M SIM card to send your data to a cloud-based server, accessed from anywhere. This makes LoRaWAN technology a great choice for empty property security.
What’s in the box?
This proof of concept kit is designed to be simple to use. All of the sensors are easy to install, and our technical team will provision each device so that it’s ready to plug-and-play, straight out of the box. This will allow you to test your IoT application and determine whether or not this LoRaWAN security system is right for you. The kit contains everything you need to get started:
- PIR, temp & light sensor (Netvox RB11E)
- Door/window sensor (Netvox R311A)
- Leak detection sensor (Netvox R311W)
- IoT Gateway with Ethernet/Wi-Fi connectivity (Kerlink iFemtoCell)
- Batteries included
- Sensor & gateway provisioning
- Server access for 3 months
- Access to user dashboard
- Technical support
- Server subscription
- IoT SIM plans available
We test all of our LoRaWAN sensors before they go on sale. We’re confident that the products we sell are fit-for-purpose. It means that our technical team have a really thorough understanding of what our sensors can do. They can help you to decide which sensors will give you the most relevant information, where to position them and how to configure your dashboard.
RRP: £576.72+VAT & shipping costs
All of our products are available for distribution across Europe. Contact our sales team to find out more about lead times and product availability.
- Smart Building Security PoC Kit Summary
- PIR, temp & light sensor technical info
- Door/window sensor technical info
- Activity Detection sensor technical info
- Personal emergency push button technical info
- IoT Gateway technical info
Monitoring empty properties, or areas of your premises that are not used on a day-to-day basis, can alert you to any changes in conditions and allow you to prevent damage due to unauthorised activity, changes in temperature and humidity or flood damage.
It’s part of our range of smart building IoT solutions which includes a wide range of devices to improve your property management.
This property monitoring system is easy to set up and will allow you to test your proof of concept quickly. There might be other factors to consider when choosing sensors for your remote site surveillance IoT project. If you’re looking for a more bespoke proof of concept kit, our technical team will be happy to help you put together a kit that suits your requirements.
Talk to an expert