The Nexelec ORIGIN and ORIGIN+ LoRa smoke detectors enable you to remotely monitor your buildings using LoRaWAN®. Both the Origin and Origin+ detect smoke, the Origin+ also combines temperature and humidity sensors for a more detailed insight into your indoor environments.
Ideal for use in Smart Buildings, Housing Associations and Student Accommodation, the Nexelec ORIGIN and ORIGIN+ can be interconnected with up to 25 additional sensors and accessories to extend coverage. Creating a network of interconnected detectors, when the ORIGIN/ORIGIN+ LoRa smoke detector detects the start of a fire, all interconnected devices in the network are triggered simultaneously. This functionality became a legal requirement in Scotland in 2022 and has been a requirement in new build and privately rented homes for over a decade.
Ensuring the safety of residents and building occupiers is of utmost importance. With this LoRa smoke detector Building Managers, Facilities Managers and Landlords can easily demonstrate compliance.
Thanks to the intelligent NAVIXIS digital logbook, demonstrating compliance couldn’t be simpler. Through this smart dashboard, users are able to:
- View a complete history of their devices including when it was installed and maintained.
- Access all device status and data such as battery status and faults from one centralised platform.
- With an API interface, this data can also be easily fed through to your chosen Management Software for a centrally managed system.
- If maintenance is required, the logbook can be configured to send reminders when it’s time to check or replace detectors.
If an alarm is triggered, the occupant will be automatically alerted. The sensor can also be configured to alert you if the alarm is activated, giving you the option to carry out checks on unoccupied buildings or alert an authorised third-party.
Suitable to be wall or ceiling mounted, the Nexelec LoRa smoke detectors have a range of mounting options available to purchase separately.
With a discreet design, the Nexelec ORIGIN/ORIGIN+ can be easily integrated into any surrounding. This LoRa smoke detector is simple to install and has long lasting battery life of up to 10 years.
⚠ LoRaWAN® smoke detectors are not intended for the notification of fires and should not be used for critical messaging.
- Photoelectric type smoke detector
- Supports the interconnection of up to 25 sensors and accessories
- Powerful audible alarm (85 dB at 3 metre distance)
- ORIGIN+ combines smoke, temperature and humidity sensors in one device
- Compatible with the REMOTE device, enabling users to take remote control of ceiling mounted detectors.
- Compatible with ALERT deaf and hard-of-hearing kit
- Sensor calibration certificate issued by a COFRAC-accredited metrology laboratory
- Simple and fast to install
- Provides up to 10 years battery life
- Elegantly designed that blends in with your decor
- Operation Indicator: 2 red and orange flashing LEDs
- Insect protecation to prevent false alarms
|CE, EN14604 and UKCA certified
|85dB @ 3M
|2 x integrated and sealed Lithium batteries
|-10°C to 50°C
|0% RH to 99% RH
|105mm x 105mm x 35mm
All of our LoRaWAN® products are available for distribution across Europe. To find out lead times and shipping costs, please get in touch with our sales team.
Key documents & information
- Nexelec Origin LoRa Smoke Detector Datasheet
- Nexelec Origin+ LoRa Smoke Detector Datasheet
- Nexelec Origin Technical Guide
- Nexelec Environmental Datasheet
- Nexelec Integration Guide
- Access Alliot’s Sensor Decoder Repository
This LoRa smoke detector is ideal for use in smart buildings or empty properties. Find out more about our specific use cases or speak to a member of our team today. Our technical team can also advise as to which products would work best for your IoT project; and help with provisioning devices and setting up your LoRaWAN® network server.